Monday, January 9, 2012

Matthew 16:23

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”


Mind of men vs. Mind of God.


In church today, we went through the passage Matthew 16:23. Right after I read this verse, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Lately, I have been conflicted between worldly ways and the righteous biblical ways... I acted differently depending on certain groups of people...trying to fit in and "be cool". But in the end...who am I trying to fool? God knows everything.  


I gotta admit, its very tempting to fall into the ways of men; as we are constantly exposed with superficial matters...In today's society, looks are everything; everyone wants to be the best looking, to have the most money...blablabla. The Bible urges us to stay away from these earthly habits, but easy to say, hard to do. As I dwelled into the verse, I realized how worldly I have become...Man, I seriously gotta step it up in my walk of faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment